Setting up a new prospect with Surround Insurance is an easy, 60 second process.
To get started, you need three pieces of information for a potential prospect:
- State of residence
- Knowledge that Surround Core, which is non-owned auto, renters insurance, and professional liability, all at $100k liability limits and $10k of personal property limit, is an appropriate product for the prospect.
1. Log into your Agent Portal
Click on the Submit a new prospect module, located on the right side of your Agent Dashboard.
2. Enter your prospect's contact info (one at a time or bulk upload)
To submit a new prospect, enter your prospect's email address and state of residence. Although the First and Last Name information is optional, entering it will better personalize the experience for your prospect. When done, click Add Prospect.
Note: Surround Insurance is only available in Massachusetts at the moment.
Tip: Want to submit multiple prospects at once? Click on Upload list (located under the red Add prospect button). Acceptable formats for lists: Word or Excel. The list must include at least the prospect’s email and state of residence. Each prospect gets the same email, which highlights you and your agency, regardless of whether you add the prospect individually or upload a list.
3. Your part is done, we'll take it from here (and keep you informed along the way)!
Once you submit a new prospect, they'll receive an email to set up a password and fill out the information for a quote. This article is a step by step quote process for your prospects.
You can watch their progress through the quote process by using the prospect management tool on your dashboard (instructions are below).
4. View your in-progress prospects
Once you add a new prospect, you can watch their progress through the quote process by using the Prospect/Member search in your main portal. Just enter the name or email address and click Search.